Counting is underway in Burkina Faso following Sunday’s polls which was contested by 13 candidates incumbent Roc Marc Christian Kabore who is seeking re-election.
The event passed off peacefully without major incidents although voting did not take place in some regions due to insecurity.
In a statement following the end of voting, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) said it was "generally satisfied" with the conduct of the double presidential and legislative elections in Burkina Faso.
It said there had been no major incidents reported during the conduct of the polls.
The regional bloc is calling on stakeholders to respect the results that will emerge from the ballot as proclaimed by the electoral commission in accordance with the law.
Earlier on Sunday afternoon, the electoral commission convened a press conference to provide a general update on the conduct of the polls.
Journalist Vincent Kiedrebeogo was there for us